Your Experienced Brampton Rabbit Veterinarian
Whether you've just gotten a rabbit or owned yours for years, it's crucial that you find a veterinarian with the skills and knowledge to handle your pet's extensive health needs. It can be easy to forget that rabbits are considered exotic pets and require special care to improve and protect their quality of life. Unfortunately, finding a veterinarian who regularly works with rabbits can be challenging.
At North Park Animal Hospital, we're proud to serve as a rabbit veterinarian to Brampton residents and those in its surrounding communities. Whether your bunny needs a wellness exam or dental work, you can rest assured your pet is in good hands with our team. We can't wait to meet you and your bunny and build a long-lasting relationship you can trust at every stage of their life. Call or visit us today to schedule your next appointment with our Brampton rabbit vet!
CALL US: (905) 799-9888 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Why Do I Need a Rabbit Veterinarian?
As prey animals, rabbits are exceptionally skilled at hiding health issues. Unfortunately, countless pet rabbits pass yearly because a health complication like GI stasis wasn't caught in time. As rabbit veterinarians, we understand the unique biology and behavior of rabbits.
Our veterinary care centres around prevention, detection, and intervention to help your bunny live a long and healthy life. Although it's important that you bring your bunny to our office, even if they're not exhibiting outward health issues, some of the signs that your rabbit needs care include:
- Sudden and drastic weight loss
- Behavioral changes like sitting in the corner of their cage
- Loss of appetite for hay and treats
- Bloody urine
- Persistent coughing
- Trouble chewing or biting
- Excessive and patchy fur loss
Our Rabbit-Centred Veterinary Services
Over the years, we've improved and adjusted our bunny vet services to meet your pet's needs better. As such, we have extensive experience working with rabbits of all ages, including kittens and seniors. You can also rest assured that our team can handle different breeds ranging from Netherland dwarfs to Flemish giants. During your pet's initial visit, our rabbit veterinarian and their team will work to create a personalized treatment plan that outlines which services we think would be right for your pet.
Our veterinary services for rabbits include, but are not limited to:
- Wellness Exams: At the heart of good veterinary care for rabbits is wellness exams. Our veterinary team will use diagnostic tools and techniques during a wellness exam to determine if your pet is healthy. We understand that rabbits are fearful by nature and may not do so well with handling. That's why we use fear-free handling techniques to help your pet feel more comfortable and less stressed as we examine them. We recommend you bring your rabbit in for wellness exams twice a year so that we can keep them feeling their best.
- Dentistry: Your rabbit's teeth are constantly growing. Rabbits typically have a diet of tough foods like hay, which helps wear down their teeth and prevent overgrowth. If you've noticed that your bunny is having trouble biting and chewing their food, it may be a sign of underlying dental issues. At North Park Animal Hospital, we're proud to provide dental services for rabbits, including scaling and polishing.
- Spaying & Neutering: Our Brampton rabbit vet has extensive experience performing spaying and neutering for rabbits. Although spaying and neutering refer to surgical sterilization, the two have distinct differences. For example, spaying is the surgical removal of the ovaries and uterus, while neutering is the removal of your pet's testicles. It's important to note that females can be spayed around four months of age, whereas males can be neutered as soon as eight weeks old.
Rabbit Veterinarian FAQs
It's normal to have various questions about our bunny vet services. That's why our team is here to answer any that you may have. Some of the most frequently asked questions about our rabbit veterinarian services include:
As soon as you adopt your rabbit, we recommend that you schedule to bring them in so that we can help ensure they begin their time with you as healthy as possible. By bringing your pet to our office for checkups and treatment, you help keep them healthy and happy.
North Park Animal Hospital offers emergency veterinary services to help stabilize and treat sudden medical issues. We recommend that you call ahead so that we can make sure that a member of our staff is ready to receive your pet.
Yes. Our rabbit vet team regularly works with owners who have multiple rabbits.
A Brampton Rabbit Vet You Can Trust
At North Park Animal Hospital, we are passionate about helping rabbits of all ages live healthy and comfortable lives. We accomplish both goals by offering extensive rabbit-centred veterinary services ranging from wellness exams to dentistry. If you're ready to give your pet the care it deserves, contact our Brampton bunny vet today to schedule their next visit!
CALL US: (905) 799-9888 REQUEST APPOINTMENT